UNM Space Database (FAMIS)
FAMIS uses AutoCAD Floor Plans to populate the database with its basic information: site, building, floor, room and room area (SF). Once in the database we add additional data such as: space type, space allocation, space utilization and more. The data is accessed by department representatives through the web by using the FAMIS Portal. The portal is comprised of tools that allow you to view/edit the room data, see building floor plans with various colored themes, and view standardized reports that you can download. All of this works together providing consistent data provided in either report or graphic format.
- FAMIS Portal Link
- FAMIS VPN Link
- FAMIS Overview
- FAMIS Access Request Instructions
- FAMIS Access Request
- FAMIS Training (Log-In Learning Central and type "FAMIS" in the "Search Catalog" box)
- FAMIS Training Manual
- Famis Tutorials
- Space Survey Instructions FY2017 (includes: space category and function codes)**
- Space Survey Completion Form FY2017
- U Move Me
- Circular A-21 (Office of Management and Budget)
- Post Secondary Education Facilities Inventory & Classification Manual (FICM)
**UNM uses the 2006 Postsecondary Education Facilities Inventory and Classification Manual (FICM) as the base for the Space Sub-Category coding in the UNM Space Survey Instructions document. This is the official document for the classification / inventory of space at the University of New Mexico and expands the FICM codes for other needed UNM reporting purposes.